Independent Data Management LLC ensures your data is secure to guard against identify theft and provide security for your personal information and farm data. MyAgData is implemented in the Microsoft® Azure® cloud which has received FedRAMP certification to ensure secure cloud computing for the Government.
Data privacy and protection in agriculture is evolving. We annually review our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to address new challenges.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Types of Information & Data We Collect
- How We Use Information & Data (the “Purposes”)
- What We Do Not Do with Your Data
- Disclosure of your Information to Protect our Rights or if Required by Law
Types of Information & Data We Collect
MyAgData collects Personal Information and Farm Data. Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. We collect contact information that allows us to identify and to communicate with you, such as your name, phone number, username, mailing address and email address.
We collect the following types of Farm Data:
- Farm, Tract and Field information required to identify your farms to the USDA.
- Crop Insurance Policy information required to tie your farm data to your policy units.
- Farm data generated by, collected by, or stored in your farm equipment or any hardware or device interfacing with your equipment. This includes as applied and yield data used to complete USDA acreage reporting.
How We Use Information & Data (the “Purposes”)
MyAgData uses Personal Information and Farm Data for a variety of purposes, including:
- Customer Support: To validate the caller is who they are in order to avoid disclosure of personal information to a third party.
- Product Support: To answer your questions about the use of MyAgData for reporting.
- Acreage Reporting: To complete the acreage reporting process by the service provider or the grower and to send only required data to the crop insurance company or the USDA.
What We Do Not Do with Your Data
We do not use your data beyond what we are contractually obligated to do for you including:
- We do not sell your Personal Information or Farm Data.
- We do not use your Personal Information or Farm Data to advertise or market to you.
- We do not use your Personal Information or Farm Data to sell you additional products or services.
- We will not transfer your information to any third-party without your expressed permission.
- We will not allow any third-party access to your information other than is required to provide to you the services for which MyAgData is obligated to provide contractually.
Disclosure of your Information to Protect our Rights or if Required by Law
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Independent Data Management LLC reserves the right to share or disclose your personal information when Independent Data Management LLC determines, in its sole discretion that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- When required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
Copyright © 2017 by Independent Data Management, LLC. All rights reserved.